Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A new day - Love, Love and Love.

Okay – per previous post I had a pretty off week last week, but today is Valentines day and I LOVE MY HUSBAND. Why you ask? Because he’s nice to me. And WONDERFUL to our daughter. The guy who gets her is gonna have to be FABULOUS! He gave me some very pretty smell goods, some I had been wanting for a while – but he couldn’t remember the one I’ve been drooling over (Island by Michael Koor) but it was sweet that he remembered the ones I’ve liked for a while. And he got Cammy the cutest little purple purse and a Nemo stuffed fish. Gave me a foot bath and rub and then promptly fell asleep after taking some NyQuil. Gotta love him. I got cards for him but I was so caught off guard by the perfumes and the foot rub it didn’t even occur to me to give them to him. Will rectify tonight.
You know its really nice to have someone who is thinking about you, and your happiness. Its also really great to have someone to focus all of your love on too.  

Feeding children.

I read a blog entry about how some families took their kids to a dinner party where children were encouraged to attend. The hostess set out quite the spread apparently – spring rolls, goat cheese pizza and the like, and one family took it upon them selves and ordered a pizza to feed their kid. And people were discussing whether it was rude or not. Clearly it was very rude, however I don’t think I would have been upset as a lot of the people commenting on the situation. I think I would have thought the parents were doing the child a disservice by not promoting new experiences. Cammy rarely eats off of the children’s menu because it doesn’t cater to our tastes. I wouldn’t eat anything off of those menus for the most part, so I don’t ask her to. The point in eating out is to try new things, new textures, tastes, flavors, smells. And you can’t do that eating mac and cheese and chicken fingers everywhere you go. I think it is little things like how you allow your children to eat that help shape how open minded your children really become. You can tell your kids you are all about new things, people, and experiences, but if Applebee’s is gourmet to you – I don’t think they will believe you after they turn about thirteen. Or after the first time the go with a friends family and try something completely out of left field, and they realize they NEVER would have seen that on your plate. You tell your kids you are open to people of all races but they never see people who look different from them, never see people who simply live and think differently from them. It doesn’t take much to really see the truth, if you are looking for it, and kids are always looking for it, even on their dinner plates.

Talking Cammy Doll

Cammy took to talking this weekend, lots of big words and whole sentences, questions and watching her little mind work through the scrunches on her forehead.  What am I to do when my baby isn’t a baby anymore? I feel like I missed all the really really good baby moments and having to spend the last few days with her rather than at work really made that hit home. We played flash cards and kitchen, and washed dishes and she drove me crazy too. We got to walk a little and I am looking forward to more outdoor fun once the spring time makes its self felt here.

Wonder if there is a V-day play going on around St Louis, I’ll have to check on that. I love the Vagina Monologues and I would love to see them or a version there of…  

Anyway I am trying to think happy thoughts and Jerry and Cammy are the bestest ones! Later gang…

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a nice valentines!
Kids grow up way too fast!
I agree eating out is all about the new experience! I get that the parents wanted the kids to eat something (but pizza?)
chelle

10:14 AM  
Blogger CousinSarah said...

Girl, I am a picky eater so I can kind of understand. BUT I also understand what you are saying about the expreiences. J only wants Eggs, rice and cheese or chinken tenders. And we over cater to that. It is ROUGH! So, now we are tryin to back track and it is hard.

I love playin games and doin skill books with J. An "our time" thing is to curl up on the couch, watch a movie, have popcorn and talk about the movie. It is wonderful. Gonna do it in a few as a matter of fact.

Missin ya!

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are SO right about kids eating habits. Its about trying new things and being open minded. I have stepkids who have been a real nightmare in that department, esp since I am a cook! You are a great mom !

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home