Friday, February 03, 2006

Hung

Okay - It’s been a trying week for me - as I may have mentioned in passing - I was selected for jury duty - then amazingly I was selected to sit on a jury…. Right. What were they thinking? Who the hell knows, but it ended up being a hung jury – ten to two not guilty and I spoke to the defendant’s family afterwards, which was rather difficult. Telling a mom I’m sorry her son who while I wasn’t completely sure he was innocent – I sure as hell wasn’t convinced he was guilty. I told her I would pray for her and her son and she should make sure if/when he gets out of this in the next trial she should make sure he says off the streets and out of trouble.
I totally believe the case is so fluff I think it was a waste of time for the prosecutor to even bring the case to trail. Apparently Trent Mitchell the prosecuting attorney needed something to cut his teeth on – or he really bought what ever those witnesses were selling – and that’s sad because none of us did. It all seemed circumstantial and even the little bits that the two dissenters held on to weren’t from primary witnesses. The prosecutor asked before hand if we would be able to convict on somebody’s word on one element – not ALL THE elements. It was all a giant reach in the dark- and if that is what our city is spending its money on (yes the whopping 18 dollars a day they paid us.) then we are in serious shit.
Next – My mom is mad at me and frankly I was a bit miffed at her for a little while there too. She was upset with me about my parenting and wife-ing and I’m upset that she thought she could just call me and go off like I was twelve and forgot to wash the dishes before I left for basketball practice. She doesn’t have to like the choices I make as a woman – but damn it they are my choices, and if I choose to let my husband be the daddy then guess who’s the daddy? Exactly people EXACTLY. Now I shouldn’t have yelled at her in the manor I did – no buts – I was pissed off and stressed out and caught completely off guard and while there is no excuse – I’m not a child, even if I am her child, if you strike out I am going to strike back. Somehow I knew our relationship was running along way too easy lately. I’m too stubborn to call again and have her not pick up the phone so we’ll see where this ends up. Apparently she is talking to Jerry. And he has decided that the new game plan is to simply pay outside parties to baby sit rather than have relatives take her. Who’s the Daddy? He’s the Daddy, baby, he’s the Daddy.
Apparently I got the house loan for the next house. Irony- I didn’t know that – I found out like second or third hand. Bigger irony – I’m the only one who applied for the loan so how did everyone find out before me? I have no idea.
And After that – I’m in need for some lovins, but I’m on a computer and my loving man is on an Xbox 360. I think I’m going to go flash him and see if I can get this party started. Cause I been real confident about my sexy this week- the security guard at the court house was all over my sexy and I was like “No my brother while the sexy is real – its all for the hubby man!!” He was heart broken fo sho and mentioned he does divorces since I’m so not for the cheating. I told him I don’t divorce either but he was great for my ego.

2 Comments:

Blogger CousinSarah said...

Girl, whoa on the jury duty. Interesting experience...

Sorry about the parenting argument. Some things we gotta learn on our own. IF your baby smiles more than she frowns, you are prolly doin alright. The rest can be learned.

Jerry betta catch that flash...LOL.

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Work it out now :) That is great stuff that you got a looker at ya :) WOO HOO! The husband must be walking proud :)
Sorry about the jury bit. I have yet to be in a jury pool hope that its a long time before. I am not big on that kinda of thing!
Its so hard when unsolicited advice is given to us about our kids. It always makes us feel insecure even if we know what we are doing is okay. Way to hang on girl :)

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home