Monday, February 13, 2006

Loss of Men unknown


Pierre sr and Sonny
Originally uploaded by raquita.
You ever know somebody was special. Ever know somebody for years and then it simply dawns on you that they were really an original. Over the holiday season I had the opportunity to sit back and look at my family and I remember thinking clearly - I really need to talk to some of my older realitives, because everybody doesn't have what we have. Cammy has so many older realitives that I just have taken for granted are gonna be around. That I was just gonna have the time to see them and get to know them as an adult. But this week has proven how really wrong you can be in assuming your family members will always be there.
I am sorry I have been out of touch for a while. My uncle Sonny was involved in a car accident about two weeks ago and honestly I didn't mention the accident before because the old guy was such a spirited fighter I figured he was gonna get up and be back to normal is a week or two. But he passed away on Jerry's birthday. His funeral was today, and while I love my grand- and great grandmothers - yes his mother is still alive, she is ninty and out living her children - and that must hurt. But he wanted to be creamated and they held a viewing and services anyway - when that kinda completely opposite of what people who want to be creamated want. And I understand that they wanted to honor him, but I beleive the greatest honor is to fullfill what he would have wanted - its such a difficult time - and ultimately he would have wanted them to be able to move forward, say goodbye and remember him. Which if a viewing helped them do - I'm sure he would have been okay with, people told the stories that I wish I had heard from him, and I am sorry that I didn't get the chance to really know him.
He was a aries like me - so we tended to butt heads more often than I care to admit. But I did love him, he always made me think about how I could make my dreams come true - he never accepted why you wern't doing what you love - just wanted to know how you were gonna get there. He was the ultimate, and I am very sorry, very very sorry to have to live this life with out him.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words to take the pain of that away. Looks like in his lifetime he touched lives and that is an amazing testimony to who he must have been. May God comfort you right now Queue

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad you had a unique connection with him. I know this is the first time I am commenting...but I lurk...and had to come out of the shadows to give you a virtual hug!
chelle

11:16 AM  
Blogger CousinSarah said...

Q, baby. I am sooo sorry. Wish I was there to be of more comfort. Now I really am serious we need to write each other more again. I will keep you in my thoughts. I loves ya girl. May you feel peace.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home