Friday, September 01, 2006

umm. Why can' t you pick your family? selective genetics, is soemthing we should probably invest in.... will that resolve stupid?

Yesterday, wasn’t the best day.

I’m not really prone to grudges, and tit for tat exchanges. But sometimes I find myself on the opposite side of the do unto others as you would have them do unto you. You know doing unto others as they have done unto me.
And I hate that. I really do.
For example. I have a relative who unless he needs you – you can’t find him. Need him to wait for a delivery, or help move something, select any minor request and insert here -  he’s ghost like Patrick Swayze. But let him need gas money or a place to crash or anything at all and you couldn’t shake him with with an earthquake.
Then there is the relative who has no respect for people, or a persons things. I don’t like leaving him alone in my house cause I never know what he’s gonna “borrow” until I see it at his house.
The first relative I simple had to say, hey- I don’t have it for ya.
The second one I had to curse the hell out.
And I hate that.
But he royally pissed me off.
And he had it coming.

On top of that. My dad is sad.
And that sucks kinda royal. I hate for my dad to be upset. He doesn’t deserve that. He didn’t deserve the way he was treated (totally separate than the two knuckle heads listed above) and even if things work out I don’t know that I would want it to.

And I have to buy that paint sprayer after all. E-1 you still down on that?  

But its Friday, the first day of my vacation (which starts at 5 p.m. today) and that totally rocks.

Gotta find the silver lining, hold on to it and use it as jump rope.

6 Comments:

Blogger Benticore said...

As much as your extended family drive you up the wall, you wouldnt trade them for anything. Well, almost anything. That winning lottery ticket is looking pretty good. I jest! I jest! (seriously, I filled out the familial/lotto exchange forms and we just need to get them to sign it...)

Your dad did seem pretty sad too but I'm not a good judge of him. He also seemed more annoyed than anything like he spent all that time and effort for everything to go all wonky like that. It sucks. I just hope he decides to come over nad spend time with us and cammy tonight.

Benticore
Out
(The form says I need a lock of the exchangee's hair. Do knapps have locks? Also, I used most of the silver lining to detail the car. It makes the wheels look Great!)

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww Raquita, my family has members whom I feel could use some genetic "counseling" as well. I think every family has members you speak of. It can be frustrating and stressful to deal with their "issues". I especially hate the relative who don't call you or anything until they need something. Heck, I have one that like to just show up from out of town on people and expect a place to stay without contacting first.

Shawntelle and The Yoruba Cokers

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry your Dad is sad....that is just sad.

The silver lining of starting your vacation rocks though!!

Hope everything works out and you get a lot of relaxing and house stuff done!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh I hear ya lady. My brother and I were talking about our sister last night. We think our mom dropped our sis on her head too many times. Or maybe she was sniffing too many paint fumes while pregnant?

But I hope things turn out ok for your dad and that you have a fabulous weekend!

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry that you are having some trouble with family. Its rough when you have those who try to break you down but worse when they are family.
Hope that you and your dad get to jump rope a ton soon :)

8:54 AM  
Blogger CousinSarah said...

Keep your head up ma. Email me if you need to talk.

much love.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home