Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Cause Saturday was so good we did it again...

The sexiness I call my husband has thus posted about the adventures of the wall and the wonton, which we happened to repeat last night.

Why mess with a good thing?

We just gotta get to doing this stuff earlier, cause we didn’t make the wontons until like ten thirty… which means my lovey dovey kid was KNOCKED OUT. And would be very upset to know she missed the newest addition to the wonton night menu, Crab Rangoon. They are her favorite thing to eat as of late. She takes a bite out of the center and just sucks the creamy cheesy crab filling out never failing to make her self a gooey mess.  Never fear, I kept six them to fry this evening for her goo sucking pleasure. Cause that’s the kind of mom I am.
She ate a faithful back up of Pizza rolls, grapes and cheese for dinner. And she really at it. Which is a welcome change. Cammy is a picky hearty eater. If you can find what she actually wants to eat she eats with gusto, if not – not so much.  I happily worked on Cammy’s new bed room some more. Got the purple on the walls.
Honestly we were backed up because we went and got that stove yesterday. (yippie!) it was such a dramatic experience (too many chiefs not enough Indians) that it took some of the happy happy joy joy right out of it. No matter. We got home, I cleaned the living room (this is a major thing) and then went straight up stairs to get a few coats of paint on the walls. Its slowly becoming exactly what I want it to.
I have made arrangements so on Friday we’ll get that infrared paint thingy to help me remove the paint from all the base boards. (I kinda wish I had painted all the walls before I started this but, no matter!) and a friend is interested in splitting the cost on a paint sprayer, while my husband is all about the faithful and loyal paint roller. Easy for him to say, since he’s not been ANYWHERE near a paint brush thus far. However, I will admit, I don’t mind doing the painting, home repair and maintenance is right up my alley, it makes me feel really good about owning my home. Makes me feel very useful, and productive. So this weekend I expect to get BIZZAY! and really get a large dent done in my work around the house.

Since that wall thing is working out to our advantage maybe we’ll get upstairs sooner than we thought.

I need to do some before and after pictures soon. Before its all after.

5 Comments:

Blogger Benticore said...

"Easy for him to say, since he’s not been ANYWHERE near a paint brush thus far."

Ahem. I was elbow deep in kitchen cleaning for 2 hours AFTER we moved the oven and BEFORE I made the wontons. So phooey! But Im proud of you handling the painting while I cook and clean.

Benticore
Out

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally forgot to do before shots of a few rooms already. Do it! I could have kicked myself for not showing just how awesome we made previously terrible look.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Raquita said...

aeshema- as I recall i've been swinging that paint brush for two days, and i've done all the running to the hardware store and other wonderously fun things to prep for this period, and i did say I was glad of all the stuff you did... gheesh so sensitive...

melissa b.- i am so gonna take those pictures tonight. I don't think I could stand some one not knowing how bad arsed we really are.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

I just love hearing that my house isn't the only one where we're trying to cook, clean, paint, love, live and enjoy all at the same time :o)

Andrew
To Love, Honor and Dismay

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really enjoying reading your posts on the home improvements. I am living vicariously through you, dreaming of my own house someday and painting!

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home