Monday, August 14, 2006

Welcome to Monday 2.0

The weekend was full, yet, kinda slow.

Did the granddaughter thing and helped my grandmother move, actually, my husband was SUPER IN-LAW, and my grandmother, aunt and mom have all called to mention how great he is, and how thankful they are that he is there for them.

Hehehe, yeah baby, my man is the BOMB! Act like you didn’t know!

Speaking of my man being the bomb, Friday I found what I hope to be a financial planner to help Jerry and I find our way out of our current financial funk and figure out the best path to get where we are trying to go. I was identifying with a fellow blogger so much that I got motivated and made the calls to phone interview a few financial planners, and the one I really like seemed to really get where I was coming from. So we’ve received her packet and been working on it pretty steady and hopefully will have it completed by the weekend. So we can get this ball rolling, get to where we wanna be, but in the mean time, SUPER HUBBY has effectively put a plug in my hemorrhaging of cash. Cause really, I can twenty dollar myself to death. I pouted about it and he held fast, which is very impressive. Cause I can do a mean pout. But he’s right it really is the little things that do us in.

You know some days I watch my husband and I wonder where he came from. He amazes me. How I got so lucky, blessed, why God would smile on me like that, proves to me with out a doubt that God exists. Not that I don’t believe that I “deserve” him, but how often in life do you actually get what you deserve? I’m waxing a bit nostalgic because we, being Jerry and I, watch so many people we care about struggle through dating and trying to find someone. And I remember being there. The bad dates, the rational used to justify bad relationships, the paper thin reasons not to leave months if not years before you should have.  But as they say about hindsight….

Anyway. I’m trying to get up the effort to actually start painting the upstairs and working on stripping the wood work so it can be re-stained. All that white paint is starting to wear on my nerves.

3 Comments:

Blogger Benticore said...

my husband was SUPER IN-LAW, and my grandmother, aunt and mom have all called to mention how great he is,

Meh, I was just doing my job. No tips necessary. Just donate to your local charity and say no to drugs. *Flies off into the sunset*

Also, I hated to have to put you in check financially, but you're right. Its not the big things that kill you, its the 1001 little things that you do, then forget about, then all of a sudden realize you've blown hundreds of dollars that you didnt really mean to. I do it to, the blame aint all yours.

Benticore
Out

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a good one too! Its amazing right? You wonder how you got one of the few. One of the amazing. One of those who make "man" mean what it was meant to mean. Awesome!
Good luck with the financial bits. God places those others around us for a reason!!! :)

12:14 PM  
Blogger NeenaLove said...

you can be your own best financial planner. it takes more in the long run to educate yourself but it is so much more rewarding.

there is no way around it -- you MUST invest to be wealthy... and that's really the goal, isn't it? not just scraping by... the goal is to be able to own our time.

http://questweb.cc
changed my life!

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home