Friday, August 11, 2006

Poetry junkie

the poets who come here know, I am a poetry Junkie, and this time of year is like going through Drug withdrawls with out rehab for me.
i have been a performace poet since 1999, I write poems mostly for the writing, but I perform them for my whole being. I haven't performed in a long time, and my being is screaming. I hear it but there is nothing I can do to get that scream out just yet.
moming has taken up so much of me, and I have been glad to give it, but during NPS every year, I remember who I was before I gave birth, and I miss her.
it is National Poery Slam (NPS) this week, a time where poets get together adn express to each other, cause lets face it a ton of people don't go to peotry slams, mostly poets and people who want to be poets, and people who are poets and don't know it yet and with all of my heart I wish I could be there. But life says i can't. Next year though, next year. So I spend a lot of my time scouring the internet for photos and podcasts, and video clips and anything I can get my hands on, anything at all. And the poem I most identify wiht that I have found so far, I am posting.


Get this video and more at MySpace.com

Beleive me, my whole soul is aching to watch these in person. But video will do okay, it will get me by for another year.

3 Comments:

Blogger my coffee is always said...

got your message. thanks.. blush. blush. you tube? are you serious? wish i could have seen it. missed you.. and copa, well, it was hard to let him go back...

11:06 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

I know exactly how you feel. I'm not a poet, but I was a performer before I got married. I was the lead singer in a band and a musical theatre major in college. Smoky bars, out till 3 a.m...These things don't lend themselves to motherhood, or wifehood, for that matter. Unless you have a babysitter you trust and a husband who's not too jealous, I guess. Even though I'm loving my life right now, I sure do miss my old self.

9:33 AM  
Blogger CousinSarah said...

We really really really missed you too ma.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home