Thursday, July 27, 2006

In the dayglow - a poem

I can feel the question watching me
Pressing in our silence
Weighing on his brow
Caressing through his fingertips
I believe the answer hugs our legs
Has his eyes
Lies across the hall
And I am trying not to wake her in my answering
I want our roles expressed
Strength pressed
Into softness
Rough hands expand across belly
Teeth nip hips turn friction to jelly
slick thick  
Wrists gripped
Syrup mixed
Every kiss
A letter I use to write my response
So let me make it longer
Use more syllables
Let me paraphrase, and say it again
Firmly into your hips
Speak it into the back of your knee caps
Draw maps from thighs to back
So my hands know where to roam
Tongue pressed into your chest
Until my words fall from your lips
In tongues and simple and tribal
As these acts
Chants repeated in our heart beat
Well after death separates us
And then you will never doubt my answer
Yes, I love you
And this is exactly where I want to be

6 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

Nice, Q.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Raquita said...

thanks, Jack. :)

12:20 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

that's really lovely, lady. I dig. it's a style I happen to favor, and I can't wait to read more.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Jaelithe said...

I am so so jealous of this poem because it is amazing.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Raquita said...

thanks J- that means an aweful lot coming from you sincerely, thank you

2:05 AM  
Blogger Copasetic Soul said...

awww, you wrote a poem...a great poem at that.

why didnt you tell me? you are a buster!!

but i loves you!

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home