Thursday, July 20, 2006

keep on movin don't stop now...

Want to read something just as sweet as humanly possible? Check out Jerry’s blog and his sisters response. She is really just a kick butt big sister. And maybe she gets him after all, or gets him enough for the amount of contact they’ve had in the last five years. I tend to forget, I think that they aren’t right under each other, she being across the country. Maybe they just need each other to get things together. I personally am glad they are aligning themselves to fight this fight. Jerry is the best wing man on the planet. he's wonderful at implementing the plan - you just gotta tell him what the plan is. She can make things go, give him the plan - that’s what big sisters do. and I am glad, so very glad things are happening. At this point movement of any kind is good. Keep it movin!

Speaking of moving. God moved a lot of stuff last night in St. Louis, we have had the largest power loss due to storm in thirty years last night. Our power is out. And probably will be out for a little while. Big beautiful lightening streaked across the sky, and trees missed my uninsured house by about three yards. THANK YOU GOD for answering prayers. I hear you people – why is my house uninsured, I’ll explain later, that is another post. Rain came seemingly out of nowhere and pounded the greater St. Louis area – the roof of several buildings including the airport was lifted and moved several yards, in the case of the airport it made it all the way to the highway and blocked lanes. I hope your family is safe, mine is.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jaelithe said...

Hey if your power is still off today you are welcome to hang at my place in NoCo. Email me if you're interested. Our boil order got canceled this morning, so we even have drinkable tap water now!

Honestly I feel so lucky to have power. The power goes out pretty frequently at my place anyway due to bad wiring going into my building, and an old unreliable neighborhood transformer. And my area was one of the hardest-hit power-outage-wise.

So when the power went out during the storm and didn't come on for hours and hours, I was sure we'd be stuck without power for days, but we really only lost power out for eight hours or so. We didn't even lose the food in our freezer.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Amiri Jah-Jah said...

I talked to Mama and she has power (out in St. Charles) but my little sister is in the city and her power is out.

Keep the baby and yourself cool and hydrated. I'm sending my winter breeze vibes your way.

4:47 PM  
Blogger CousinSarah said...

As of yesterday late afternoon, my folks still didnt have any power. My poor sister was there for two days with 3 kids under 5 in the heat and no power.

I seriously need to buy her a spa package. :)

Glad you are safe. The pic of Cammy in the post below is gorgeous. Man, I wish they would SLOW DOWN for just a bit.

6:46 PM  
Blogger ILLstate said...

i seen the pictures that was a bad storm

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was there at that time. It was rough going for sure. It was hot. I mean hot! :) Your stories are so beautiful. I love your writing style :) Cammy and Jerry sound like amazing people...they seem to have good company in their mommy/wife as well :)

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home