Monday, July 03, 2006

royal memories

I was reading this post over at little bald doctors called A bend in the road, and was magically taken back to a place that holds a lot of sentimental value for me. Jerry asked me over the weekend what moments do I most value in our relationship. I rattled off some of our bigger moments like Valentines Day ’02 – that was when my husband tricked me in to believing he was ultra romantic – he has since corrected me – he’s ultra thoughtful – which is just as good just not as romantic. Then there was Mexico ’03, we didn’t know we were supposed to be unhappy with that three star whole in the wall cause we were together. But all in all, the things that really got me was the everyday time and one of my truly most favorite moments was when he took me to lunch at Crown Candy.
He had been stunned that I had never been. I think we split a BLT and each had ice cream. I remember thinking this was the kind of place you started traditions at. Took your kids to every Sunday after church. He said that too while we were sitting there, and I remember thinking he was genuinely a good man. He was surprised when I said I used to collect the coca cola bear, so I liked all the coca cola stuff every where. I didn’t mention how I wanted to collect Black Americana Artifacts and I wondered where they hung the whites only sign that had to be there at one time or another. He read my thoughts on the way back to the car and made mention of the same wondering. We watched little kids jaws drop at the sight of the candy counter. He made me laugh. I remember smiling a lot that day. And I remember that feeling every time we drive past Crown Candy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like the perfect place to start traditions! The sweetest things are the simplest!

9:53 AM  
Blogger RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

See, I need a man like THAT!!!! Too cute!!!

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home