Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Cammy Scrapbook journaling #1


imgp7075
Originally uploaded by raquita.
i have decided since I don't update her scrapbooks as much as I should I should be writing what I would be journaling, so I can have it later, instead of trying to remember. Today she is be 2 years 2 months a four days old...

Cammy,
I wish was more diligent about keeping up with your scrapbooks, and all the other things I had planned to do – so you would always know how much I love you, and how much I enjoy our everyday.
You have become such a little lady. Despite everything I am and do, you are exactly who you are. You do and say some many new things every day, from the comical, “Awwww MAN!!!” when things don’t go your way. To the newly found, “Mommy it hurts…” which while useful does attempt to stop my heart on occasion.
You still love to cuddle with me, we sit lately to talk in bed on Saturday mornings, and now a days you’ll let me read a whole book to you. Especially if its one with the push buttons that make noise. We love to read Corduroy, and other classics. You are so smart you pick out all the items on the pages. We are watching less T.V and playing more tea party. And hopefully if the summer heat has truly passed us by we’ll start those bike rides again.
You still won’t say “May I please have…” you sentences are coming along but requests are pretty much – OBJECT – point for reinforcement and maybe if I’m lucky a please. You and the dog are getting better about each others space, he’s dodging you and you are glad of it.
You are very polite to strangers and people who don’t live in our house. Most people think we have raised you to be such a stand up little girl. I don’t take much credit for it, you are genuinely a nice little girl. You are still very possessive of mommy, and sometimes daddy too. I still can’t leave with out a hissy fit being thrown. Although you did let me out of the car when I went to the grocery store last night, I’ll take what ever progress I can get. Last week you got to hang out with Amber’s nephew Josiah. He was the perfect gentleman and you directed him around as if you were your mothers daughter, imagine my pride! Boys are still totally smitten with you, and your father is actively researching shotguns, gun laws and loopholes. I’ll try to help you but mostly I think you maybe on your own.
You are a very clean kid, you like to sweep, and wipe tables off. Sometime I think you spill just so we can clean it up. You are saying your prayers with us, every night and kneeling with folded hands. You and almost say grace by your self, which is cuter than a mug, and you like to sing along with Lilo and Stitch, and quote the movie verbatim, a lot. All in all we are so happy you are our kid, you make us want another – but only if they will be as great as you!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

5 Comments:

Blogger CousinSarah said...

MY BABY STARTED KINDERGARDEN TODAY! He was totally like, Im cool ma, peace out. I got to the car and blubbered. lol.

And I feel you on the scrapbooks and such...good intentions but never get it done.

3:53 PM  
Blogger The Adventures Of Dr. Gene and His Mate WonderMum said...

Wow! You are just the best Mommy Queue! I sooooooooooooo wish we had blogs and such when my kids were babies...

4:57 PM  
Blogger Jaelithe said...

Oh, she is so gorgeous in that photo!

I have to see that little lady in person. I wish it were easier to schedule things . . . what happens to time once kids come along?

I am trying to teach Isaac to say, "Hello, beautiful girl," when he meets girls. Heh.

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally adorable pic!!! The fact that you are making the effort to record everything is what counts....she will see the love you pour into everything you do with her :)

8:22 AM  
Blogger Raquita said...

Thanks alot for the encouraging words,

Sarah - I don't evny you that drop off, I am not looking forward to leaving my baby anywhere - although it is probably closer than I like to think

T.A.Dr.G.&W.M- having all this stuff is a mixed blessing I think, it makes you think you NEED to do all of it to be a good mommy, and while I know I don't, it doesn't stop me from trying. If my kids grow up to be as thoughtful as yours seem from your blog, I will be lucky and perhaps I will think my self a good mom then

Jaelithe - I'm taking vacation next week and was gonna go to the museum of transportation, the butterfly house, and a few other things - wanna go?

Chelle - thanks alot, i'm trying to keep up with you on the adorable picture, that whole everyday thing may not work but if I can get two or three a week up I'll be happy! I know there will be a period between the ages of 12 and 20 where she won't see my efforts but that will not stop me from doin it! (praying we can aviod that moody stage)

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home