Thursday, August 31, 2006

Love Thursday


imgp6341
Originally uploaded by raquita.
You know all this talk about best friends leaves me thinking about who your friends really are. And hands down without a category my sister is my best friend, (husband withstanding) she and I are more alike than either of us would care to admit, we are just severe opposites in how we display those simularities.

for instance -
we are both dog people however her dog weighs eight pounds, my dog weighs eighty.

we are both very particular about security in relationships (we both carry mild scars from our parents divorce) she however is comforted by different secuirties than I am, she is a homebody most days and her home is a santuary not a lot of guests, my home is my santuary however I have a revolving door of guest, (somedays shes way smarter than me too)

I hope that I am as good an Aunt to her children as she is to mine. Cammy and her are way alike in so many ways.

you know how they say God offers payback in the form of your sister as your daughter. Honestly I can't think of a better blessing.

I think I'm gonna call my sister and make some plans to visit her.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, this is beautiful!

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Gorgeous. My sister is pretty amazing too. Its crazy how much one can be different but be similar. Sarah and I are pretty darn different though. Want to see a mini-Sarah? Look at my daughter. Its true with us, Audrey is Sarah's clone, and its too cute for words!

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home