Monday, March 06, 2006

All in a day - or month or whatever...

Hey all.. its been a while – but I’ve had valid reasons – I’ve started this post a half a dozen times but I swear I’m gonna get it up today.
First originally – our computer fried. DEAD. And that kept me from doing all kinds of important computer things. But my husband being the sexy bastard that he is was
the MAN
able to fix it rather than buy a whole new one, for the low low price of two hundred dollars. He still hasn’t slaved my C drive back on so I can get to my work – but at least its not a black screen. Hey – he’s sexy but not focused. But neither am I all the time, so I guess we are even. He’s getting ready for his trip to Japan- I can’t really believe he gonna be gone for so long, and I know I’m gonna miss him terribly, I can’t really wrap my head around him being gone for so long, we’ve never spent more than three days apart, and shoot – that only happened ONCE! So, I’m a little crabby and nervous about it, but I so want him to have a great time. And I’m sure he will, Adam will take great care of him.
Cammy is becoming a big girl on me – we moved her bed into her room, and bought her
imgp4471
big girl sheets and a pillow. We moved everything around and it almost all fit, some of her older toys are gonna have to move down stairs. And I need to go through her closet and get all of those clothes she has out grown to make room for out spring shopping! She’s happy and enjoying her room, loves to jump on her bed. Likes to be able to go in there and be by her self – she has even put her self down for a nap. She also called me by my first name – so I know I’m in big trouble.
Class is going well I have a midterm on Thursday, and I’m trying to study so pray for me, I’ve got to do some practice baking this week, so I can be sharp. Got a zillion vocab words to remember and mixing methods and all kinds of stuff.
Anubis the big dog is well big. (see Anubis and Cammy picture for reference) He’s doing great in his obedience class gaining levels really really fast, he’s a very smart dog. We met a lot of his siblings at the class. And while they are all beautiful pups Anubis is the most handsome pup, not biased either – a lot of people said so. He’s gaining some coordination and he’s still very slobbery but a wonderful boy, we really did get the pick of the litter I think, however a big dog bit me a week ago in obedience class - wasn’t pretty big mouth on my hand, I was swollen and not exactly a happy camper about it but I was a good sport. Not I’m not suing the owner. It wasn’t that serious and it was just a puncture wound – not like he mauled me or anything. And I wasn’t paying attention so I should have been able to dodge it. So I’ll take my points for that one.
And we bought a car. We traded in little Blue – our Chevy tracker for a bigger badder Chevy- a trailblazer. Cammy is no longer kicking me in the shoulder and everyone can fit as well as a few guests and our giant ass dog. And we lowered our monthly payment. Gotta LOVE that part. We are gonna get vanity plates that say Cammy Wagon or something like that.
A friend got married over the weekend, and while I was invited I didn’t go. And while baby sitters didn’t quite work out – I prolly could have made it happen if I not dog tired, but part of me is glad I didn’t go. Its my ex’s family. You ever wish you could keep the family and not marry the guy to do it? That’s where I am with that. I saw him for the first time in like five years, and was surprised. He looked so much smaller than I remember. Not just thinner – but smaller. Like man I had you up on a pedestal and on regular ground you are just a guy – smaller. My girl said it was just that all the things that drew me to him just aren’t the same for me – I’m not the same as I was when I was with him so naturally you can look back on that part of your past and appreciate it for what it was but not long for it at all. Cause I fully expected there to be some kind of twinge, or memory or pull, or anything, and there wasn’t. And that was freeing. To know the person who you always expected to have some sort of hold on you – doesn’t. And when I got home I was so glad to see my husband and feel everything I feel when he touches me, and the tingle I still get down my spine when he kisses me I was really really glad for it. To know the person you gave your whole self to, who you want to have a hold over you has it, is so comforting. Love really is what you make with whom you make it. Go make love people.

My Urbis handle is Queue. And I’ve been putting this up a little bit at a time – Sarah send me some more exercises, I’m dying to write –even if I don’t have the time!

9 Comments:

Blogger CousinSarah said...

Anybody ever told you Jerry looks a lil like Scarface? :) In that picture, it really made me think so. How long is he going to Japan? I remember Rich went to Korea for a couple weeks while I was pregnant and I was so stressed. It will be ok tho. It will give you big warm fuzzies when he gets home.

Next time I am in the Lou, I want some of this cooking. :)

Nice ride. :)

I know about the growing up things. J got up on his own the other morning, got himself a cheesestick and turned on cartoons and was chillin on the couch. I was like--u kiddin me? He sees me and goes "morning mom, glad you're awake with me now." :O
They get big sooooo fast it is crazy. I will send you some writing exercises soon. You just keep bloggin!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Benticore said...

First of all...scarface? I know I aint pretty but DAMN...that hurts!

Secondly, I want some writing excercises too...I've got a short story writing excercise...you have to take two completely random things and incorporate them into a 10 page short story...all you have to do is give me two numbers between 1 and 100 and I'll give you your two items...my two items were a Delorean (think Back to the Future, but without the Flux Capacitor and the 1.21 gigawatts) and an indian wooden doll. Im working on my now.

Benticore
Out

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

phew! You have been busy girl!!!
aww How long will hubby be gone?? Hubby & I have not been apart for more than three days either and I am staying in Canada for a couple weeks...I am so going to miss him!
chelle
love the new car! smokin!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Raquita said...

hubby will be gone for two weeks - more than I care to say out loud.. I'ma have to keep even busier so when I come home at night I can just pass out and not miss his arms too much at least while I'm awake

3:21 PM  
Blogger CousinSarah said...

WHO SAID SCARFACE WASNT CUTE? He has that roughneck teddy bear look. That was not an insult. :)

Ohhhh, number 3 and 9. :)
I am ready. :)

7:51 PM  
Blogger Benticore said...

Okay Sarah, you say your ready, eh? Well your items are: A glue gun, and Three Angry Monkeys. Enjoy! (heheheh)

Benticore

8:45 AM  
Blogger CousinSarah said...

LOLOLOLOL...alrighty then. Gimme a minute on that one. When you get back from Japan, I might have it done. 3 angry monkeys huh?

6:52 PM  
Blogger Benticore said...

Thats cool...Im going to figure out a way to post my lame ass wack story as soon as I finish, which will hopefully be tomorrow.

Benticore
Out

7:58 PM  
Blogger Raquita said...

Urbis sexy - think urbis

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home