Monday, May 09, 2005

Sliverware... and other quandries

There are few days that leave me as confused, stumped , speechless even as mothers day. Gift buying for the people you would do ANYTHING for, give anything to. You mean the absolute world to me - so I got you silverware?!?!?! I don't know how that is supposed to be swallowed. I understand today why my moms gift request sheet looks like inventory at Sax Fifth Avenue, because she so deserves it. But alas my budget cannot keep up with the mothers in my family's growing worth. So I bought her silverware, which she needed desperately and garden lights which I figured she would enjoy like a kid in a candy store. My mom, you see, has become a gardener in her middle age. Loves to spend a Saturday elbow deep in a corner of her backyard digging. I want to think I will catch that as I get older, My granny has it too. Maybe its an age thing.

People always become more valuable as you become older, it is probably more true for mothers. Which in turn made this mothers day all the more special. I made brunch for my mom and aunt and Granny's both regular and Great-Granny. My daughter looked on amazed by my kitchen aid blender. Ever want to get her attention I just need to turn on my mixer.

J sent me to a day spa treatment -which was more day and less spa but the thought was genuine. He tries so hard, he just has brain function issues somedays, but that's what I love about him. I did learn though, its not so much that we (people in general) need man-made holidays, we just need somedays to feel special.

Happy Mothers Day all!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a nice Mother's Day, too. I told my baby girl "thanks" because without her, I wouldn't be a Mom. :-)

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh girl, you make me laugh. "You mean the world to me - so I got you this silverware" ...

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home