Friday, April 29, 2005

Not to forget

I read this in another mom blog today and it gave me some purpose: like I didn't have enough epiphanies this week! Any way it said:

The preacher started to talk about kids and spirituality and how children seem to be born with an innate ability to see that we are a part of something bigger. They have a sense of wonder about everything.
He told a story of a little girl who kept asking her parents for time alone with her new baby sister. The parents were a little worried about what the private meeting would entail, but they agreed (and kept the door open a bit) to let the sisters have a moment together in the baby's room. The little girl went up to the crib and moved it a bit to try and wake her baby sister up. When the baby woke up the little girl said, "Can you tell me about God because I am starting to forget."
The point of all this is that what the minister was saying to us really made sense to me. In order to be happy, connected, productive members of society, it is important to understand that we are a part of something that is bigger than we are as individuals.


J and I aren't church goers, we have not found a church home that works with us as a family. We aren't looking as actively as I would like but we are both spiritual people, believe Christ is our Lord and savior, believe we must be better in our faith however - we just don't know how yet. This just makes me remember to try harder so my little girl doesn't forget.

1 Comments:

Blogger CSW said...

Hi, I noticed you mentioned my comic strip, The Invisible Life of Poet, back in April, so I thought it only fair that I said hello and thank you, and leave a comment on your blog.

"Can you tell me about God because I am starting to forget."

I think what this means, whether you are a person of faith or not, is the importance of keeping your mind young, and maintaining an attachment to your childish side. A playful mind can bring you to profound truth.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home