Friday, May 13, 2005

Co-workers, death, weddings, and ice cream TGIF!

As I have explained in a previous post I have started a new Job, I haven’t been trained yet but it is a new position in a new office with new coworkers and less stress. It was all good until those pesky little coworkers started to show their age or lack their of.
As I mentioned I don’t have crap to do until I train in September. So I have the joy of busy work until then. Shipping and counting folders (3374 of them to be exact) cleaning out closets, Just looking busy. Hiding at my desk, talking to you wonderful people in blog land helps me eat up the time, cause if I don’t just sit here and eat up the time by the time I actually need to be off work, I won’t have any vacation time left. So What is my issue?
Those pesky co-workers are upset that I don’t have more to do- mind you they are short on work as well, and why they feel the need to go tattling to my manager that I’m not producing copious amounts of busy work, and I am content to sit at my desk and not be well BUSY. I just think adults should have a little more to do with their day than sit around and decide whether another adult has enough to do at the job she knows Jack S@$%! about. Anybody else feeling my pain here?

Anyway- Jerry’s core buddies are coming to the wedding they have paid the fare and are good to go! YEAH!!!! That totally rocks I am so glad Jerry will have some of his people there and not just feel like he’s coming along to my wedding, rather than our wedding.

My Godfather was Killed by his dogs on Tuesday, they apparently attacked him and crushed his throat. He’d had the dogs for years 8 and 2 respectively, and they have been put down. I don’t have one bad memory of Lorenze. Not one. He was a very good man. And I will miss him.
Lorenze reddings
I think I want some ice cream – every time I think about Renze I want some ice cream. As a Christian I’m okay with death in general. And I know Lorenze is a God fearing man so I’m not concerned that way, its just been a lot of death around me lately, possibly feeding my introspectiveness. I’m hoping I’ll find some pictures of him so I can scrapbook my memories of him. He was so much fun. He wanted us to do and see everything. He taught me how to play chess. He taught me what an entrepreneur was, made me want my own business from when I was like 12. I still do. Still think about the things he planted in me, I pray the people I have chose for Cammy’s God Family will be as positive an influence as he was to me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My God, I heard about your god father on the news. (I live near you) that is aweful!! I am sorry for your loss, and your yukky co-workers. Good luck with your wedding. I just got married, I feel your pain.

2:31 PM  
Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

Faith in God may take away all worry for Lorenze, but it's only natural to feel the loss of someone you love.
If your closest friend moved across the state, and you rarely saw eachother, even that would be a loss.
I know that my mother, grandparents, aunts, uncles, good friends, etc... who have passed feel no pain, but that doesn't make me miss their voices any less. I'm very sorry for your loss.

As for your coworkers... I'm an oddball. I just don't get 90% of the population and their obsession with finding fault with others. It is America's greatest pass-time. I'm afraid it has nothing to do with age, though. I don't see anyone grow out of it. Some people just have common sense, and some don't. Few learn.

Congratulations on your wedding. I hope you two have long lifetimes of happiness together. Best wishes. :)

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home