Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Me at a glance

Big ups to Mobrowne whos blog I jacked for these questions:

what i am reading right now:
The Bondwoman’s Narritave and a few random collections of poetry
what i am listening to:
Jill Scott and The Buena Vista Social Club
what i am wearing:
Green wide neck summer sweater and black Cargo capris.
what i am working on:
New poetry and closing on our home .
what i look forward to:
summer fun. The wedding! Owning the house, Re- landscaping the yard, Completing my CD by end of year, traveling a little bit more…
what annoys me:
Dramatic Gay people (my landlord in particular), self pity, unjust opinions – especially my own, bad drivers, My dog
what motto i live by:
This fish needs a bicycle. A response to the statement a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle – and a zillion moments in the bible
what i want to change about myself:
my ability to hold grudges – dispite feeling as though I have forgiven someone, My moodiness which rears its head at all the wrong moments the need to feel accepted by people who in the long run I don’t really care about .
what i love about myself:
i am loyal and I work hard at being the best person I can.
what i dreamt last nite:
i don’t retain dreams most times unless God is talking to me… and then I get a lot of Déjà vu
what i'm feenin' for:
Traveling – getting away with my kid and my man.
what i regret:
the way I ended with Etefia ( a little harsh for me) Staying with Aaron So long, Not thinking of my self sooner, Not knowing how.
what i learned:
Life is honestly what you make it…
where i would move if i left STL:
I’m not sure, I want to be in a area that feeds my creativity (NYC) but I can’t live there… I love the country (Montana) but …. Its MONTANA, I thought about Las Vegas..but the lights would get me an dI’d be in Gamblers Anon in like six months , Chicago is too cold in the winter. Hawaii Would rock but Jerry doesn’t like Iving on islands. My answer is I don’t know
what is my biggest mistake:
Not majoring in education like I wanted when in college
what inspires me:
my daughter, my man, my family and certain contemporary poets.
what's my favorite outfit:
a zillion outfits I don’t own cause I was too busy taking care of everybody else.
what's my favorite word:
daughter.
what's my biggest secret:
i don't have any.
what is the biggest lie i ever told:
I love you – to a guy I really just liked and not even a lot.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so when are we gonna get to read some of this new poetry? where are my pictures? good luck with the house closing!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Caryn said...

Hi there! Thanks for the link! I'm from Chesterfield, but I live in NYC now. :)

9:50 AM  
Blogger Mahogany L. Browne said...

i c we have the same inspirations...

9:42 AM  
Blogger CousinSarah said...

I thought this would be a great way to learn more about each other! Great questions from Mo!

what i am reading right now:
Approaches to social movements, and Culture of Fear

what i am listening to:
Badu's Mama's Gun, I am seriously a Badu junkie, nearing the fiend boundary

what i am wearing:
blue flower pj pants and a white t-shirt

what i am working on:
New pieces, getting a job in STL and changing a grade in my Black Nationalism and Radicalism class before my degree posts in August

what i look forward to:
summer fun. Getting my big butt back in the gym, the sound of my son's laughter, seeing my family, Wednesday nights at Neo Soooouuuul

what annoys me:
ignorance, things that take 17 steps when 2 would do, paying taxes for everything from bubble gum to car registration, gas at $2 a gallon, people who refuse to consider something different

what motto i live by:
"Without struggle, there can be no progress-F. Douglass" that one helps me when I want to quit. "Remembering is good if you dont let it be the fear of you.-Badu" This is a quiet line I just heard in a song I have listened to forever...I want to remember without it being the fear of me...I am striving for that one.

what i want to change about myself:
my pertpetual cycle of worrying about what people think of me, have more patience, to stop overanalyzing things I cannot change, to believe in the idea of faith more, lose the weight I have been hiding in since I had my son
finsih more things I start

what i love about myself:
I am honest, empathetic, compassionate and willing to do the things that are hard. That I helped my son be so loving

what i dreamt last nite:
I tend to have dreams alot, some good and some not so much...so we will just keep it at that

what i'm feenin' for:
to be near family

what i regret:
giving myself to men who only took, not knowing I had stuff inside to love, not being more efficient about completing my degree more timely and getting more fellowships instead of loans,

what i learned:
You are often responsible in some way for most things that happen to you, to make sure my son REALLY understands the concept of money and debt, to recognize when I need time to look at/nuture/work on myself, I will forever be paying off my student loans, to make sure i regulalry push myself outside my own comfort zone so I keep

where would I live if I moved from Tx-
STL or Tampa..that place is GREAT

what is my biggest mistake:
there are a couple in the running, one I will share on a public blog :) That I spent my student loan money like it was something I wouldnt have to pay back (i had NO realistic concept of what that would REALLY look like)

what inspires me:
my son, my sister, great writing, strong women, men who will laugh AND cry, good art, real compassion, a babies laughter

what's my favorite outfit:
a t-shirt and comfy pants--I am a casual kinda gal

what's my favorite word:
mommy

what's my biggest secret:
if i told the world, it wouldnt be a secret

what is the biggest lie i ever told:
a girl I knew asked me if her man was being unfaithful and I knew he was...knew him better than her, knew she should know so she could move on, but didnt. Told her I didnt know.

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home