Tuesday, September 20, 2005

How to date yourself 101

Top 100 Hits of 1995 / Top 100 Songs of 1995

Okay I know I'm really showingmy age but I'm highlighting the ones that was just my CUT and making a few little notes as I go down this list - these are songs that were given to me nota list I compiled my self cause honestly some of these songs were just a lil wack.

1. Gangsta's Paradise, Coolio - remember the sweaty guy singing in the video who looked like the cloud from the childrens books?
2. Waterfalls, TLC
3. Creep, TLC
4. Kiss From A Rose, Seal love that song -he's still not cute
5. On Bended Knee, Boyz II Men
6. Another Night, Real McCoy - who?!?!
7. Fantasy, Mariah Carey (big baby jesus on the remix!)
8. Take A Bow, Madonna - always liked her
9. Don't Take It Personal (Just One Of Dem Days), Monica (wasn't this about PMS?)
10. This Is How We Do It, Montell Jordan (very tall one hit wonder)
11. I Know, Dionne Farris
12. Water Runs Dry, Boyz II Men
13. Freak Like Me, Adina Howard (b4 I knew better)
14. Run-Around, Blues Traveler :)
15. I Can Love You Like That, All-4-One boy bands unite!
16. Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman?, Bryan Adams - I thought this was older...
17. Always, Bon Jovi
18. Boombastic / In The Summertime, Shaggy (loved it! especially that growl he did in the middle)
19. Total Eclipse Of The Heart, Nicki French (i remember the song not the artist)
20. You Gotta Be, Des'ree the good for you track of the year
21. You Are Not Alone, Michael Jackson (in his bed room... in the shower...)
22. Hold My Hand, Hootie and The Blowfish (HOOOOOTIIIEEEE!!)
23. One More Chance-Stay With Me, Notorious B.I.G. (RIP)
24. Here Comes The Hotstepper, Ini Kamoze
25. Candy Rain, Soul For Real - had their CD -go figure
26. Let Her, w Hootie and The Blowfish (HOOTIE!)
27. I Believe, Blessid Union Of Souls
28. Red Light Special, TLC
29. Runaway, Janet Jackson
30. Strong Enough, Sheryl Crow
31. Colors Of The Wind, Vanessa Williams (Wasn't this from a disney movie?
32. Someone To Love, Jon B. I loved this white boy although not this track but I STILL play his CD to death.
33. Only Wanna Be With You, Hootie and The Blowfish did I scream HOOTIE yet?
34. If You Love Me, Brownstone - people used to tell me I looked like one of these girls.. never could see that
35. In The House Of Stone And Light, Martin Page (umm no.)
36. I Got 5 On It, Luniz
37. Baby, Brandy
38. Run Away, Real McCoy
39. As I Lay Me Down, Sophie B. Hawkins
40. He's Mine, Mokenstef
41. December, Collective Soul
42. I'll Be There For You-You're All I Need To Get By, Method Man-Mary J. Blige nothing esle to say
43. Shy Guy, Diana King
44. I'm The Only One, Melissa Etheridge
45. Every Little Thing I Do, Soul For Real
46. Before I Let You Go, BLACKstreet
47. Big Poppa / Warning, Notorious B.I.G.
48. Sukiyaki, 4 P.M.
49. I Wanna Be Down, Brandy
50. I'll Make Love To You, Boyz II Men
51. Dear Mama / Old School, 2Pac
52. Hold On, Jamie Walters
53. Keep Their Heads Ringin', Dr. Dre
54. The Rhythm Of The Night, Corona
55. Roll To Me, Del Amitri
56. Scream / Childhood, Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson
57. Freek'n You, Jodeci
58. I Wish, Skee-lo
59. Believe, Elton John
60. Carnival, Natalie Merchant
61. You Don't Know How It Feels, Tom Petty
62. Back For Good, Take That
63. Tootsee Roll, 69 Boyz
64. You Want This-70's Love Groove, Janet Jackson 70's was the JOINT!
65. Tell Me, Groove Theory Bryce was hot as hell
66. Can't You See, Total
67. All I Wanna Do, Sheryl Crow
68. This Lil' Game We Play, Subway
69. Come And Get Your Love, Real McCoy
70. This Ain't A Love Song, Bon Jovi 7
1. Secret, Madonna
72. Player's Anthem, JuniorM.A.F.I.A.
73. Feel Me Flow, Naughty By Nature
74. Every Day Of The Week, Jade
75. The Sweetest Days, Vanessa Williams 7
6. Short Dick Man, 20 Fingers Featuring Gillette - Since when does my razor sing?
77. Brokenhearted, Brandy
78. No More "I Love You's", Annie Lennox
79. You Used To Love Me, Faith Evans
80. Constantly, Immature
81. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me, U2
82. 100% Pure Love, Crystal Waters
83. Ask Of You, Raphael Saadiq higher learning was a greaat movie
84. Sugar Hill, Az
85. Good, Better Than Ezra
86. Brown Sugar, D'angelo bought FIVE copies of this CD
87. Turn The Beat Around, Gloria Estefan she was all the
88. 'Til You Do Me Right, After 7 - my dad loved After 7
89. 1st Of Tha Month, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony- my ex loved this song
90. Like The Way I Do If I Wanted To, Melissa Etheridge
91. I Live My Life For You, Firehouse
92. Dream About You-Funky Melody, Stevie B
93. Cotton Eye Joe, Rednex
94. Thank You, Boyz II Men
95. I'll Stand By You, Pretenders
96. I Miss You, N II U
97. Give It 2 You, Da Brat
98. Best Friend, Brandy
99. Misery, Soul Asylum
100. Can't Stop Lovin' You, Van Halen

4 Comments:

Blogger CousinSarah said...

girl now WHAT!!??! You knew I had to get down on this post--

ok EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE slept on 70's love groove. That song could get a nun outta her panties. One of my favorites.

Follow that with Freek'n You--whoo hoo hoo. Yes mam.

I got 5 on it--man great dance floor memories to that jam.

I Wanna Be Down remix with yo yo, and MC lyte and Queen--that was nice.

People seriously slept on Dionne Farris--her cd was good. Listened to it all the time.

Dear Mama is not my favorite 2pac song, but glad to see him on the list.

Loved One More Chance--one of my top 3 favorite Biggie Songs.

Ask of you--anything from Raphael Saddiq or Toni Tony Tone was always the bomb.

All I need--that was MY JAM--"lie together, cry together, i swear to god I hope we fuckin die together." Loved it loved it--and he may be a nasty mutha but Meth is SEXY AS HEEEELLLLLLO!

He's Mine--that's so sad for us who liked this song...we didnt know any betta

Jon B--I am with you girl. That first CD--his song with Pac--loved that whole thing.

Shaggy--you ever heard this fool talk for real--i could never really get down with Shaggy. He's ok, but i dont mis him when he aint around.

Candy Rain--All time classic.

You were sure right about D'Angelo. Alright and Lady--good lawd.

I wish-skee lo--just silly--my daddy used to play this song called "short people" to tease me and this song always reminded me of that.

Blackstreet--that whole 2nd half of that cd...yeah yeah yeah---some nice little memories on that one.

WHOO HOO. Thanks for this Q! This brightened up my whole morning.

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man I cannot believe how long ago some of those songs feel and some feel like they were JUST on the radio. Crazy!
63. Tootsee Roll, 69 Boyz
You missed that one. Okay so it was totally lame and a bit anti-feminist but it was a good one to dance too. Come on...Butterfly uh oh----lemme see ya tootsee rolll....Yep I am doing the dance...sure enough about it! lol

12:07 PM  
Blogger Mahogany L. Browne said...

good to know i wasnt the only one cop'n replace dangelo cds!

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what the hell happened to Subway?

i hated that Skee-lo song. people get using it as a joke towards me.
the bastards!

70's love groove WAS/IS the shyt!

Des'ree was before her time.

Freak Like Me, Adina Howard- YES LAWD!!!

3:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home